Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Past

We got married in 2003 and knew we always wanted a family, and our plan was to wait 5 years. In January we went on a vacation and started discussing how we were both feeling ready to start a family. It is truly amazing how both of our hearts were ready at the same time. God is so cool in how things come together. We prayed and talked quite a bit and decided we would start trying in May knowing it would probably take about 6 months to a year to get pregnant (even though I really wanted it to happen right away - I always thought having a baby in Feb. would be a great time). So, in March I bought a pre-pregnancy book and started planning. I changed some of my eating habits (which is great, because as of now I've lost 15 lbs.) kicked my caffeine habit - I'll talk about this more later, started drinking more water, lengthened my daily prayer/quiet time (which I am learning a lot from), and started taking my daily basil body temperature (I did forget a few days in the first month though).

I was starting to get so excited, and could not wait until May came. When May arrived - Operation Baby Making. This is the fun part. I can never explain how close my husband and I have become (not necessarily the obvious reasons). Our communication has improved, and we are so exited about being parents one day. We pray more together, and understand where we are coming from with different things. It's really funny when I try to be in charge of our marriage - things get a bit rocky, but as soon as I put Christ back in the center - it just makes sense. It doesn't matter that I have always known this, I guess I just like to be in charge. God is constantly reminding me that I'm not - He is. Now I can say honestly I am glad he is God and I'm not. :)

I was supposed to start my P on June 7 and didn't so I took a pregnancy test - negative. I waited two more days and took another one - negative. Waited three more days - negative. I ended up starting on June 13. So we are trying this month again, and I will take another test on July 13 (Sunday). I am completely cool if it doesn't happen this month because I know God has a plan and I accept it. We'll see.

Dear God,
Thank you for the gift of life. Thank you for all the blessings you have given to me. You are awesome and almighty. Please continue to do your work in C and I. Give me the comfort that you have a plan and it is the right plan. Ease my stress level and help me understand if things don't happen when I want them too. I love you. Amen.

No comments: