Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, March 12, 2009

15 weeks - An Apple A Day


Today I'm celebrating my birthday, and thanking God for this healthy pregnancy. It's very fitting that baby Gallup is now about the size of an apple. I eat at least one apple every day. I prefer Gala apples - yum!

I cannot believe how fast each week is flying by. This past week has been very exciting with preparing for the baby's arrival into our home. Our baby's future nursery is now my husband's office. We will be moving his desk into the guest room so the past three evenings I have organized every inch of our guest room. Tonight we will move some furniture around, and when I say we - I mean my husband (no mom I'm not lifting anything heavy) will move his desk into the guest room. It might be a little cramped, but it will have to do for now. Then he will organize and clean out the rest of the office. We will rip up the old nasty carpet - yuck, and I will tackle the dreaded office closet. Inside this closet is where I keep everything I don't know what to do with. Since we have lived in our house (4 1/2 years) I have organized this closet 5 or 6 times and it always ends up junky and messy again. Ugh! What in the world ends up in this closet you may ask? Well, it's my wrapping, craft, sewing, gift stuff. It really doesn't have that much stuff in it, but I often end up wrapping gifts in such a hurry that I just throw everything in the closet instead of putting it back in its proper place. So, my goal is that by Monday I will have this entire closet empty.

I'm sure you are very bored with hearing about my boring plans of cleaning out rooms and closets, so here is what is going on with sweet pea this week;

Our growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces about the size of an apple. He/she is busy moving amniotic fluid through his/her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. Sweet pea's legs are growing longer than his/her arms now, and he/she can move all of his/her joints and limbs. Although baby Gallup's eyelids are still fused shut, he/she can sense light. If I were to shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, the baby is likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but is forming taste buds. [from http://www.babycenter.com/]

I've gained 3 pounds already (most people have gained about 5, so I guess that makes me feel better) and for the most part feeling great! Some days I am full of energy and some (like Tuesday) it's a struggle to keep my eyes open. My nose is very stuffy and I can't tell if it's from the pollen that's now falling or from hormonal changes and increased blood flow to my mucous membranes. Which is very common they even have a name for it "rhinitis of pregnancy." C and I are more exited as each week goes by. My next doctor's appointment is March 18 and I will have blood drawn to test for Down syndrome and spinal bifida (sp).

This week we also started baby registries (per the request of many family members) at babies-r-us and Target.

Some friends of ours had their twin girls Tuesday night at 30 weeks. The babies weigh 2 lbs 7 oz. and the other 3 lbs 2 oz. Please pray for Billy and Terri and their babies.

No comments: