Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, March 2, 2009

Exhaustion.....Crash!

I know this post consists of a lot of complaining, but please let me vent. I have been more tired this week then I have any other time during the pregnancy. The past two weeks in particular have been extremely busy, and on top of that I have not been getting a good nights sleep because I'm up every 1-2 hours to pee. I know, I know, you all are saying "Girl, you don't know what's it going to be like a a few months when the little one is here." I agree, I don't have a clue and I know I will experience a level of exhaustion like no other....and I can't wait.

After another busy week last week we then had a busy weekend. Friday night I headed to bed early, but only slept about 3 hours - my mind was racing. Saturday we drove to Columbia to celebrate our niece's 4th birthday. It was so great to be there and hang out with the family. Our nieces are precious. Then we drove back that same day. That night I slept probably 2 hours. I woke up at 5:45 a.m. to get ready for church (where I work). Immediately after church my mom and I had a fabulous afternoon. We had lunch and then went to Motherhood Maternity so my mom could buy some maternity clothes for my birthday. It felt like I tried on every thing in the store. We had a great time, but I was worn out. We literally shopped until we dropped. Then we went and got some sweet treats...ice cream. Sunday night I was trying to watch a movie on TV and I fell asleep around 9:30 p.m. I didn't wake up until 6:30 (to use the bathroom) and then I slept until 9 a.m. That's almost 12 hours! It was wonderful. First, I haven't slept until 9 a.m. in sooooo long and I woke up feeling great! Today, I thanked God for the good sleep he blessed me with. He cleared my mind, and I don't even remember dreaming. All day I was thinking of how God never gives you more than you can handle.

No comments: