Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Today's Doctor's Appt.

Today I had my 16 week appointment. First, they changed my time from 1:45 to 11:30. Then, when I arrived everyone was behind so I waited for 1 1/2 hours. I was so bored, and all I could think about was that I should have brought something to do - lesson learned. I was taken back and had a weight check (gained 4 more pounds - woa - probably from celebrating a little too much this weekend) and a blood pressure check (110/70).

Then I saw the midwife. I got to hear the heartbeat again. It was the sweetest heartbeat I've ever heard - ha. It was 140 bpm so if you believe in old wives tales Sweet Pea is a boy. We'll see - only 5 more days until we hopefully find out.

Then we went over boring and depressing insurance stuff and how much I will need to pay when. I am still in sticker shock. Apparently I am very ignorant, and my maternity insurance is different then my health insurance including deductibles and everything. That was not fun. Without going into specifics I'll just say this is going to cost $2,000-$3,000 more then we expected.

Total Weight Gain: 7 lbs (this year I definitely celebrated my birthday by eating all my favorites. This week I'll stick to salads, lean meats and fruit for me - thanks)

Baby's heart beat: 140 bpm

Blood Pressure: 110/70

Hopefully I will get a picture to post tomorrow of my growing belly.

No comments: