Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, February 12, 2009

11 weeks


Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. His/Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under his/her gums, and some of his/her bones are beginning to harden. He/She's already busy kicking and stretching, and his/her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as his/her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccuping that may be happening now that his/her diaphragm is forming. [ from www.babycenter.com]


Being pregnant has been just the most wonderful thing in the world. I wake up and the first thing I think every morning is we're having a baby. I can't quit smiling. I have never been more happy in my life. Every day I spend time thanking God for this wonderful wonderful blessing. No matter how yucky I feel it does not damper the excitement and thankfulness I have.
I can hardly wait for my next doctor's appointment which is Monday. I am really hoping we can hear the heart beat, and that everything is progressing nicely and as it should.

No comments: