Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Week 13 - It's A Shrimp On The Barbie


How our little one is growing:

Fingerprints have formed on baby Gallup's tiny fingertips, his/her veins and organs are clearly visible through his/her still-thin skin, and his/her body is starting to catch up with its head — which makes up just a third of the body size now. If baby Gallup is a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Our baby is almost 3 inches long the size of a medium shrimp and weighs nearly an ounce.


According to http://www.babycenter.com/ here is how my life is changing: This is the last week of your first trimester, and your risk of miscarriage is now much lower than earlier in pregnancy. Next week marks the beginning of your second trimester, a time of relative comfort for many women who see early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue subside. More good news: Many couples also notice a distinct libido lift around this time. Birth is still months away, but your breasts may have already started making colostrum, the nutrient-rich fluid that feeds your baby for the first few days after birth, before your milk starts to flow.


I am feeling great. Again, another very busy week so it's hard to tell if my exhaustion is from that or pregnancy...probably a little of both. Although I am still not wearing maternity clothes I have bought a few things, and that is very exciting. I went through my closet on Saturday and switched my clothes. Now my closet has free flowing lose clothes and the few maternity items I have purchased.


Sunday I will begin organizing our guest room (it's full of clothes that don't fit and gifts) so that we can move C's desk in there. Then I can start working on cleaning out the office and my craft/wrapping closet (which is a disaster). I hope to get those things done in two weeks so we can start replacing flooring and doing other things. Before I know it we will be fining out the sex of our baby and then the real nursery planning begins. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

No comments: