Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, February 19, 2009

12 Weeks - You Put The Lime In The Coconut


Our little sweet pea's fingers will soon begin to open and close, and his/her toes will curl, muscles will clench and the mouth will make sucking movements probably wanting to eat the yummy food mommy is now able to eat (no more morning sickness aka all day sickness). In fact, according to babycenter.com, if I prod my abdomen, sweet pea will squirm in response, although I won't be able to feel it. The intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into the abdominal cavity about now, and his/her kidneys will begin excreting urine into its bladder. Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in our baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. The baby's face looks unquestionably human: sweet pea's eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his/her head, and the ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, sweet pea should be measuring just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.


According to babycenter.com here is how my life's changing: Your uterus has grown to the point where your health care provider can now feel the top of it (the fundus) low in your abdomen, just above your pubic bone. You may already be into maternity clothes, especially if this isn't your first pregnancy. If you're still fairly small and not yet ready for maternity clothes, you've no doubt noticed that your waist is thickening and that you're more comfortable in loose, less restrictive clothing.You may begin to feel heartburn (also called acid indigestion), a burning sensation that often extends from the bottom of your breastbone to your lower throat. Many women get heartburn for the first time during pregnancy, and those who've previously had bouts of heartburn may find that it gets worse. During pregnancy, the placenta produces a lot of the hormone progesterone, which relaxes the valve that separates the esophagus from the stomach. Particularly when you're lying down, gastric acid can seep back up the pipe, which causes the uncomfortable burning sensation. For many women the problem doesn't begin (or get worse) until later in pregnancy, when your growing uterus starts to push up on your stomach. The discomfort may range from mildly annoying to intense and distracting.


It's very obvious to C and I that I'm showing. I have a definite baby bump and I am outgrowing some of my clothes already. Thankfully I lost some weight right before my pregnancy so I have bigger clothes that I am able to wear right now. As I said before my nausea is gone - thank you Lord, and my energy is coming back. Although this week is a very busy week with something to do every evening I am feeling more like myself.


To celebrate our "little lime" I'm going to drink a lime and coconut collada tonight at happy hour. I'm joking, but I might put some lime in my water - ha!

No comments: