Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, February 16, 2009

You've Captured My Heart


It was very fitting that two days after Valentines Day I had my second doctor's appointment. The exciting news is - WE GOT TO HEAR SWEET PEA'S HEART BEAT! C went with me to our appointment again this time, because we were told we would get to hear the heart beat and I wanted him to experience something for himself with this pregnancy.

When we got to the doctor's office we only waited a few minutes (this is the nice thing about being seen first thing in the morning) and I got my blood pressure checked - good and my weight checked (I've already gained 3 pounds). I didn't think I had gained any according to my scale at home, but the doctor said gaining 3 pounds was perfect in the first trimester. Then she asked many questions about my history and then about our family history. Then she said we would check the baby's heart. It took her what seemed like 5 hours to find the heart beat. It was actually 5 minutes, but that is a long time. Inside I started freaking out a little, and then I looked over at C and he could tell I was worried and told me to calm down. Finally we heard our precious sweet pea's heart beat. The doctor said it was very strong and sounded really good - 160 bpm. When she said this I threw my arm over my face and said "Thank you God" and blew out a huge sigh of relief. I'm sure I'm being extremely dramatic, but that really scared me. I'm sure in the months and years to come I will be scared by many things and I will laugh about the 5 minutes I had to wait to hear the baby's heart beat.

Because my insurance will only use a certain lab (which my doctor's office does not use very often) they did not run all the tests they were supposed to from my paps mere last time so they had to get one more sample and I had to have a full vaginal exam again - uggg - I wasn't expecting that.

So far this has been a great day, and I will be smiling even more now. It's amazing how much we already love our baby and he/she is so tiny. We are truly blessed beyond measure. Thank you God for answering our prayers.

No comments: